Planning for Compliance through Review
The Indiana University's Central Heating Plant boilers are subject to the Major Source MACT for Industrial, Institutional, and Commercial Boilers and Process Heaters (Boiler MACT).
Stanley Consultants reviewed the Boiler MACT and provided a summary of requirements applicable to each of the University's boilers. The review included the following determinations for each central heating plant boiler:
- Boiler subcategories and new or existing status.
- Emission limits, work practice standards, and operating limits.
- Initial compliance requirements and timeline.
- Subsequent testing requirements and frequencies.
- CEMs and/or continuous parameter monitoring systems requirements for continuous compliance.
- Notifications and reports that need to be submitted with timelines.
- Recordkeeping requirements and length of time the records must be maintained.