Scott Eshleman Named ASCE Illinois Citizen Engineer of the Year
October 30, 2014 | Mr. Scott Eshleman, Principal Structural Engineer and Structural Department Manager, of Stanley Consultant, Chicago, has been named ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineers) Illinois Section's Citizen Engineer of the Year.
This award is presented to a Civil Engineer for volunteer efforts that have made a positive impact and overall contribution for the betterment of our world.
For this award, the following criteria is considered in the selection process:
- Reside or be employed within the boundaries of the Illinois Section.
- Positive impact and significance of the Candidates public involvement activities in such areas as local and national legislation, education at all levels, non-profit volunteer organizations, community activities, etc.
- Improvement to the public welfare.
- Originality of activities.
- Time commitment and level of effort.
Scott, nominated by Stanley Consultants president Gayle Roberts, was chosen for his continued and selfless determination to provide basic necessities to people in the developing world countries that has bought prosperity to remote people groups, connected school children to educational opportunities, brought nutritional resources to undernourished families, bridged the gap to inaccessible medical facilities, and is currently making clean water a readily available reality for a village in need.
Scott was presented his award at ASCE's Annual Dinner Meeting on October 30, 2014 at U.S. Cellular Field in Chicago.